Insurance for low and mixed-income housing entities not in the public housing program
The National Affordable Housing Program (NAHP) gives you the freedom and flexibility to build the insurance program you want and need.
NAHP is an insurance program that is designed to meet the needs of the affordable housing market. Our competitively priced package policy offers comprehensive property and casualty coverages to multiple types of arrangements, including Multi-family Apartment Owners, Low Income Housing Tax Credit Developments (LIHTC), Mixed Income Housing Developments, Low Income Senior Housing, Public Housing Authorities and Rural Housing Developments.
Markets we serve
- Affordable housing providers
- LIHTC developments
- Public housing agencies
- Multi-family apartment owners
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
National in Scope, Local in Service
Market SpaceWe customize coverage for clients that satisfies their financial and risk tolerance objectives. In addition to public housing agencies, NAHP offers comprehensive insurance for low and mixed-income housing entities affiliated with public housing. We can address the needs of affordable multi-family apartment owners, LIHTC, rental assistance demonstration conversions, mixed income housing developments, rural housing developments, low income senior housing and Section 8 housing.
Work With a Market LeaderThe National Affordable Housing Program was designed over 20 years ago by Brokers’ Risk, a proven, committed managing general underwriter. Along with our subsidiary, The Sandner Group, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive coverages and superior service to clients on a nationwide basis. Our team of underwriters work hand-in-hand with agents, insured’s and property managers to address coverage needs.
- Property Insurance
- General Liability
- Auto Insurance
- Flood and Earthquake
- Inland Marine
- Mechanical Equipment Breakdown
- Public Officials Liability
Available Coverage and Enhancements1:
- Property insurance for buildings, contents and business income is provided on a Special Cause of Loss form and includes Blanket Limits, Replacement Cost/Agreed Value with 90% or 100% Coinsurance (based on Insured Total Values). Options include 80% coinsurance or Actual Cash Value (100%); Ordinance or Law Coverage A is included, with option to purchase Coverage B and C. We do not write in Tier 1 zones.
- Flood coverage is offered in zones X and CX. Sewer backup is available.
- Inland Marine protects mobile equipment, computer equipment and miscellaneous tools.
- Crime provides coverage for theft, money and securities, employee dishonesty and more.
- Mechanical Equipment Breakdown (Boiler and Machinery) offered through Hartford Steam Boiler. The Identity Recovery and Data Compromise option is available.
- Builders Risk protects an owner’s interest in materials, fixtures and equipment being used in the construction or renovation of a building or structure should they sustain physical loss for a covered cause (special application required).
- Public Officials Liability provides coverage for claims alleging wrongful acts, errors and omissions against public agencies, their officials, employees and volunteers (special application required).
- ACORD Applications plus Statement of Values, or
- NAHP Questionnaire
- Loss Runs – three years current values
- Photographs of all buildings (color) and
- overhead plot plan
1 All carriers are rated “A” (Excellent) or higher by A.M. Best Co., the leading authority on the financial well-being of insurance companies. Availability of coverages in your state will vary due to approval of rate and form filings. Please contact us for a list of coverages and states currently approved. Brokers’ Risk maintains insurance and surplus lines licenses in most states.
The insurance is subject to underwriting review and approval. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Policy terms may vary based on individual state requirements and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
155 North Wacker Drive, Suite 3700
Chicago, IL 60606-1731
phone (800) 255-1195
fax (312) 906-8116